Monday 13 June 2011

Hello - and intro and my very first blog!

Hello and welcome to the very first ARTventurers blog post!

This is in fact my first ever blog so please bear with me while I get the hang of it.....

ARTventurers is an art and creative events company for children based in Sunderland. We're pretty new as ARTventurers is just getting off the ground in the area, but it's an area of business that is very familiar to me! Re-wind time by 5 years or so - we were living in Yorkshire, I'd just had my first baby and decided to leave the legal profession and launch a business running art and craft classes for pre school children. Although I qualified as a solicitor my passion has always been art and crafts and over the years my spare time has been spent doing courses and teaching myself ceramics, life drawing, card making......I wanted to do something that indulged my creative side and allowed me to be my own boss to fit in with my growing family.

I was really fortunate in that the business took off big style from day 1 - in a short space of time I was running a number of jam-packed sessions for pre-schoolers each week as well as doing lots of crafty birthday parties, running sessions at Childrens Centres and other events. I loved designing and planning each weeks activities and helping the children have fantastic fun exploring and creating with new materials and mediums.

About 18 months ago though our family situation changed - my husband was made redundant and we decided to move back to our home town of Sunderland to live by the sea and be nearer to our families. The pull back to the north east was too strong to resist! I was lucky enough to find a fantastic girl to take over my precious business down in Yorkshire and so 18 months later I find myself with a lovely sea view every morning, two children now settled in their new area and relaunching myself into the world of childrens art and crafts!

We've loads of exciting things planned over the next few months and I just can't wait..... in the meantime I hope to use this blog to post pics and ideas of some great art and craft activities that you can try at home with your kids and have fun exploring and creating together!

No comments:

Post a Comment